Your Smartest Friend™ at School
Are you struggling to find relevant information online?
Don’t know where to start with your project or thesis?
Are you a teacher looking for better ways of harnessing knowledge and collaboration within your classroom?
In a world that is becoming more complex, with more uncertainties than ever before, it is well agreed amongst educational leaders, teachers, students and parents that 21st Century Learning carries with it a complicated mix of challenges and opportunities. The focus of learning is turning towards the evolution of a more engaged, self-directed and lifelong approach that puts a greater value on learning as a fulfilling human endeavor.
Many factors are leading to this change in approach, and there is an ongoing, growing mass of articles and discussions being had around it. Technology is one of the most influencing factors in the way we learn in the 21st century. However, we must not confuse education with media and easy access to information with understanding and relevancy.
InsightNG can become your virtual, smartest friend, helping upskill critical thinking skills and contextual intelligence, which is crucial in a contextually rich world where 1 + 2 does not always equal 3.
Related Case Studies
Benefits of our approach
There are many benefits to using our platform, tools and methodology. Here are just a few of them:
- feeling intellectually savvy and one step ahead of your peers
- discovering what is important and what isn’t from the masses of search results
- becoming a better, more productive critical thinker
- better problem-solving skills and creativity
- improve student learning potential and achieve higher grades
- a better way of identifying, capturing and reusing relevant information and knowledge along a student’s learning journey
- smarter knowledge distribution, collaboration and co-creation amongst peers
How we can help students and researchers
Starting projects, assignments and research can be quite challenging for most students. We performed our own market research with students spanning across Canada, the United States and New Zealand to determine what the most frustrating part is when starting a project. Here are the results, with some of the comments from students.
- Finding information: researching; looking for reliable resources; collecting data; finding what you’re looking for
- Starting point: knowing where to start; finding a good idea; at the beginning of a project, the main issue is where to start. You have all this information in front of you, so what is important and what isn’t.
- Refining research topic: having a hard time narrowing down to a topic to research; I find coming up and settling on an idea is very hard
- Self-regulation: too many distractions; staying focused while researching
- Interpretation: reading through all the information and figuring out what is crucial; the part where I have to read everything and process all the ideas which can be overwhelming
- Limited resources: being required to go through poorly organized, poorly functioning databases that seem to only be required due to the school paying to access them
- Others: referencing resources; disorganized notes; navigating peer-reviewed journals
Most frustrating part when starting a project
If you are a researcher, student or you have students that identify with any of the above frustrations, then we can help remove those frustrations and increase the chances of a more meaningful outcome. We have helped students and researchers from intermediate level through to university.
Amongst other features, we also provide students with the ability to create journals, which allow for reflection and review of the learning journey over time. See the Features page for more details of what is available in the current platform release.
“I felt my brain working in different ways as I was forming connections between the knowledge I created.”
“I liked seeing visual evidence of how my ideas were evolving, and how the concepts related to each other.”
How we can help your school
Aside from the use of our platform in its current form, we can help you and/or your school in the following ways:
- improve the alignment of your school’s 21st Century Learning objectives
- development of an approach to harnessing your school’s corpus of knowledge in a more contextual way
- using our unique methodology, we can help with your research objectives
- identifying capabilities and value that you might not have been aware of
- create and implement innovative student specific teaching programmes
- better provide an environment for learning that inspires people to become innovators, collaborators, entrepreneurs and creative problem solvers
Addressing your classroom or school’s needs
Our platform has been developed from the ground up to enable cost-effective integration with existing resources. We recognise that a one size fits all approach does not work across schools. To harness the power of the information and knowledge your school has now and in the future, a more adaptive, contextual approach is required to meet your needs.
We can co-create a plan and scope of work to integrate our technology into existing systems. Our objective is not to replace existing investments, but to augment and enhance them to provide greater value and return on investment.
As you will read in Our Story page, we are at the beginning of our own learning journey. Our current 1st Generation Platform works well for individual students and teachers, and small groups (e.g. classrooms). It can be extended to large institutional scale, but only with custom development.
Let’s have a chat
Whether you are a researcher, student, a teacher or a school/institution, get in contact with us and we can discuss your needs and requirements. We will be upfront and transparent with you around our capabilities as we want nothing less than a win-win outcome.