What if you had a Smartest Friend?
At InsightNG, we envisage a future where intelligent technology and humans collaborate and problem solve together. Our first generation digital assistant offers a way to help simplify and problem-solve in an increasingly complex world.
Our desire to effect positive change in the world underpins everything we do. We firmly believe in the power of technology to change lives for the better. Our ethos and passion for social change inspired our first generation platform, which we’re still developing with the aim to help people face extraordinary situations.
An everyday scenario for your Smartest Friend might look something like this: it’s the end of a long day, and you’re standing in the queue at the supermarket. Your mind wanders back to the challenges of the day and – bingo! – a piece of the puzzle you’ve been mulling over materialises.
Instead of jotting it down on a piece of paper to be lost forever, or making a note in your smartphone to sit in isolation as a memo, you tell your Smartest Friend – on your wrist, or in your pocket – “please remember this idea, I’ll come back to it later.”
You turn your attention back to your shopping, and your thoughts take another direction. However, your Smartest Friend stays focussed. It begins making connections, reaching out in search of new information, making suggestions. Checking in with your Smartest Friend later, you discover your Smartest Friend has found some information you didn’t even know you were looking for: more pieces of your puzzle.
For most of us, our puzzle pieces arrive uninvited, sometimes at inconvenient times. They’re often fleeting, brief thoughts that disappear before you have time to connect the dots.
This is where your Smartest Friend comes in, collecting your thoughts and ideas, and finding order amongst jumbled up ideas and insights.
Your Smartest Friend will be with you for the long haul, growing and learning alongside you, finding connections you hadn’t realised existed. It will be your companion during complex, stressful situations in your life, helping you find context and clarity. Over time, your Smartest Friend will point you in the direction of other Smartest Friends whose knowledge and experience could help you along the way.
To be of real and tangible value, we believe this new friend needs to combine and encapsulate the following attributes:
- This friend could work effortlessly around the clock, using machine intelligence to provide you with new and relevant knowledge as it discovers it.
- It would be motivated like a good friend would, to help you understand the real context of each complex situation you faced.
- Even with all the great advances in machine intelligence (our core platform is built on machine intelligence technologies), there can be no expectation that it would be able to tell you what to do next. Your future must be by your design, not someone or something else’s.
- Along your self-directed journey over time, it would help upskill your critical thinking skills and contextual intelligence. This latter part is crucial because, in a contextually rich world of complexity and uncertainty, 1 + 2 does not always equal 3.
- This friend couldn’t just be a tool. Since knowledge is profoundly social, it had to be a platform, built on the foundations of trust based, co-creative and collaborative knowledge sharing community.
- It would have the ability to identify individuals whose own knowledge and experiences may be relevant to you,facilitating for introductions and conversations to take place where tacit knowledge and know-how could be exchanged. This is critically important as a lot of the collected and published data that is seen as necessary to make good decisions is often unreliable on its own or nonexistent.
Overall, this smart, intelligent digital assistant would help reduce emotional stress, bring agility and speed enabling cost savings, time saving and a reduction in the manual effort required via current approaches to deal with life’s complex challenges, whether that be at home, school or work.
If you’d like to know more about using our Smartest Friend at school, for work or to solve the complex problems of day-to-day life please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.